Musmos Weekly Digest #11
1. Poverty Awareness Week
This week, from September 19 to 23, Musmos will be holding it’s annual Poverty Awareness exhibit at the Matteo Ricci lobby. This one of the organization’s flagship events, as it raises awareness in the Ateneo campus about the situation that the Musmos kids and the Philippine urban poor experience today. So drop by anytime next week and together, let us take a look at the situation that many of our countrymen face from a different angle.
2. MusmoHAHA: A comedy show for the benefit of Musmos kids
This Saturday night, September 24, is going to be a night full of entertainment and laughs as Musmos holds a comedy show at Katips Bar and Grillery. It’s open to all so you may invite your non-Musmos friends too. If you buy your tickets next week at Kostka Extension, you can also get a free Musmos baller!
For more details, just visit the Musmos events page: http://tinyurl.com/musmohahaevent . Also, please do sign up for booth shifts for ticket-selling here: http://tinyurl.com/musmohahabooth
3. SBC Friendship Hour: Tugon
It’s time for Friendship Hour again, friends! This Wednesday, September 21, from 4:30 to 6:30 PM, join us at CTC 102 as we fight alongside the Area Avengers! This would be another great opportunity to get to know the rest of the SBC orgs so we hope to see you all there! For more info about the event, please visit the SBC Friendship Hour event page: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=146373945455792
This week’s area is “Make a Book Day” wherein the Musmos kids will be given the chance to make their very own stories to share!
Call-times and briefing:8:15 AM - Kostka Extension (Katipunan area)2:15 PM - Matteo Steps (Cubao area)
1. Story of the Day: a video containing a summary of the previous “Story of the Day”s
2. Talk on writing a simple story, c/o Heights
3. Activity Proper: The kids will write their own “Story of the Day”
- Each team will be further divided into two or three groups
- They’ll be given a value tackled the previous months (Pagkukusa, Katapatan, Pagiging Makabayan at Kalusugan ay Kayamanan) as the topic of their story
- They’ll also be the one to do the illustrations, write down the dialogues and the narratives, just like a typical children’s storybook.